Job Type: Full-time
Custom desk manufacturer is seeking an experienced Shipping & Receiving Clerk / Helper for our Fairfield, NJ Facility. This position will be responsible for assisting our manufacturing plant ship orders to our customers and receive materials from our vendors and help our shop foreman with inventory and prepping for jobs. You will also have the ability to help with assembly if needed.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receiving & shipping of Production materials
- Move and organize materials around the shop
- Assist with Inventory Management
- Assist with allocation of hardware for jobs in production
- Assist with cleaning and organizing of shop as needed.
- Assist with pick-ups & deliveries to & from Vendors Valid Driver’s License Required
- Assist with crating & staging of shipments
- Production/Shop environment experience Not Warehouse
- Ability to provide accurate record of all materials & documentation
- Valid Driver’s License
- Knowledge of hardware and its use
- High School diploma/GED
- Forklift certified
- Proficient in basic Math
- Strong work ethic with proven reliability
- Self-motivated with ability to work under general supervision
- Team oriented with effective communication skills
- High school or equivalent
- Shipping and Receiving: 3 years